Not wanting to take any chances with Lady Luck during the new year, Ol' Rob loaded up on blackeyes and sweet cornbread this evenin' for supper....(that's dinner for Y'all up north). I had a great blog written the other day about how the Federal Judges are whinin' about not gettin' a raise this year, but inadvertantly erased it before I got it published. So I figured I would start the year by not spittin' into the wind about luck or traditions.
Anyway...my daughter, Miss Meg, did this thing called Project 365 a little over a year ago, where she posted a new photo or two each day for a year, givin' folks a day by day look into her life and the world around her. Soooo...I'm thinkin' that that was a pretty cool idea...and coupling that with the fact that I absolutely SUCK at stayin' in touch, I thought I'd give the same sort of thing a try this year. So, today, I am launching "A Year on Willard Street", and will do my very best to put something on here every day havin' to do with my life or my li'l world here on Willard Street. Sometimes there may be random photos, sometimes, just random thoughts or occurrences. I'm guessin' that the only given is the random part....
To my friends and family...the fact that you haven't heard from me in forever and three days is no indication what-so-ever that I don't think of Y'all almost every day, if not every day. And those who are really close and know me well know that the previous sentence is as gospel as anything Mathew, Mark, Luke or John ever wrote....I think of Y'all often.
Feel free to comment...it would be great to hear from all Y'all...even if you think my post sucks...
So, I wish each of you a Happy New Year, and hope that Your dreams and hopes will be fulfilled during the rest of the year....
-
No comments:
Post a Comment