Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm thinkin' about a li'l change...

...'cause let's face it...I'm an old guy and really not enough happens in my life to be interesting every day. That said, I've decided a weekly post would be more fitting.





So, this week, ol' Rob has two important events occuring...the inauguration of the new President, and the trip home of Miss Meg and her family.





The first was an event that in my youth seemed impossible. I am so proud that today was possible in our country. This day in history is comparable to none before in The United States. I think those of my generation, and especially those of us from the south who can remember the civil rights movement of the sixties, have a special sense of today's importance. Hopefully The United States has taken a huge step forward in truly becoming the united states.





The second is a truly special occasion, as well. Since Thomas is in the Army, and has been stationed either across an ocean or across the country, visits are not as frequent as I would wish. It is always a special treat to see them. I am so proud of Thomas and the kind of man he has grown into....I couldn't have hoped for a better husband for my baby girl. And I am also proud of Meg and her photography....I think she is so talanted, and she's a great writer as well. Check her blog out at http://www.girlmeetscamera.blogspot.com/ if you get a chance...oh...there's the link....you have a chance right now.





Now a photo/poster that I stole the idea for from Meg.




No comments: