Friday, January 9, 2009

It's an odd thing...

...how your mind and body lose sync around the age of thirty. My mind is still pretty sharp, OK, maybe not quite as sharp as when I was thirty, but that's kinda how I see me in my head. My body is some older than that....and sometimes I forget....or at least don't acknowledge that fact. That said, I'm reminded this morning of how I felt some mornings in my middle teens. I used to box for the Boys Club, and was pretty good. Although never a Golden Gloves caliber boxer, I at least won more contests than I lost. So what does that have to do with mind/body sync? Just this...after the extreme increase in heavy physical activity yesterday, which in my mind should have posed no problems, this mornin' I feel much like I lost a fifteen round fight on a unanimous decision...

Where's that Ibuprofin bottle?

Just askin'...

No comments: