Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, Li'l Bear!!

Today is my son's birthday! Li'l Bear is thirty three today...wow...


A little about my son...


Again, first and foremost, he is a nice person. Which in turn, says he is a loving son, brother, husband and father. I won't say that there weren't the normal "big brother" pranks when the kids were growing up...like when he hung Meg up on a doorknob by her britches when she was still too small to get herself down. But that's what big brothers do.


Below, you will see an example of his artwork. I am so proud of him for following his heart in the persuit of his career in art. He has continually worked to improve and expand his abilities, from his first job in a tee shirt shop in Albuquerque, to his own shop, to custom cars and motorcycles. You won't hear it from him, but he has sold his art, in one form or another, from across North America to around the globe.


He is the kind of dad I wish I had been more like...completely devoted and with parenting skills way beyond what I had. There's an old saying that anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad...and Li'l Bear is a great dad.


Turning around to the other side of that, I have to say that he is also a great son, and I thank him for his role in teaching me how to be a dad.


Happy Birthday, Li'l Bear! Thank you for making my life richer, my li'l world such a nicer place to be. I love you.


A tank display he recently painted of Indian Larry, the late custom motorcycle builder...


No comments: