Monday, November 15, 2010

Oooops....

The first oops is that due to my birthday, I got distracted and did not post yesterday. The second oops was that I have long been arguing that our representatives in Washington no longer represent their constituency. In reality, they do, and do so very well. The problem is that Joe Average American is no longer the constituency with whom they identify. Our Congressional Representatives and Senators are among the top ten percent of richest Americans, according to U. S. Census figures. If you throw in the perks and government subsidized expense accounts, they are more likely in the top five or six percentile of the richest Americans. So, that said, they do fiercely and passionately defend their peers, the people that they consider to be their constituency. The problem is that they are elected to represent all of us, not just their peers.

I am re-researching some of my data, so that my proposals can be fact based. I will post tomorrow with what I feel will be legitimate solutions to this problem...though I truly doubt our friends in Washington will agree.

No comments: